Saturday, April 17, 2010

Africa Sojourn, the Third

 It consumes me.  I am compelled to write - but I cannot stop looking long enough to put pencil to paper.  AFRICA!

Always, there are spiders behind the doors to the toilets.  I find ants and drop them in the webs, then wait for the carnage.  heh.

We spend the obligatory day at Sesriem.  I suppose the massive red sand dunes of Namibia are not to be missed, but in the end a disappointment.  A pricey, bleak camp accompanied by a circus rush to the dunes for 'First Light' photo ops and bragging rights.

Sesriem Dawn Circus

Now, Gobabeb - a desert research station on the rim of the massive dune sea is sans circus.  Big Sky.  Big Weather.  Big Scenery.  Big Beetles.


Dune.

Thought of the day:  "He found Truth and drowned in it."





No comments:

Post a Comment